What You Have To Know Before Purchasing Your Toilet Seat Hinges!
Toilet Seat Hinges Purchasing Guide
Many people think that purchasing a toilet seat hinges is nothing but an easy job but there are actually more things you need to consider than one would think. There are a few factors you need to consider when it comes to purchasing a new toilet seat hinges. You do not have to worry as we have listed what you need to consider before purchasing it.
Step 1- Size. You may think they all look the same, but this is not the case. Most of them comes in standard sizes. However, there are others sizes that you can choose from. If you have spent your money on an expensive bathroom, then there will be a risk that the hinge that is made for that brand is not available in store. You will need to make a special order or you need to go for another style to solve this problem.
The method to determine the size is to measure the length of the toilet seat. The width of the hinges does not play a crucial factor unless it is a designer toilet seat. Count the number of screws by popping the cap where the screws are hidden. It is a good idea to measure the distance between the screws.
Step 2- Choosing the right one for you. The cost of purchasing is not that expensive. After you determine the size you need, the amount of screws needed and the distance between the screws. These are the two types of popular hinges that you can consider to suit your preference.
- Plastic toilet seat hinges: It is inexpensive and it does not very durable but the good thing is that it can be easily replaced.
- Metal toilet seat hinges: It looks more appealing and it is more durable if compare to plastic. However, it is more expensive compare to plastic but it is still affordable for most people.
Tip: Make that the one you purchased fit your bathroom properly first. After that, consider its aesthetics or functionality of the hinges.
Toilet Seats Hinges Replacement
As time passes, it is time for toilet seats hinges replacement. It serve to raise and lower the seat so they will break or wear out over time. It does not cost a lot to replace it and you do not have to be handy to know how to replace it. If you follow our guide, you will find how easy it is do replace them.
Step 1– The first thing you need to do is to remove the seat. To do this, Lift the lid and remove the screws that hold the hinge to the lid. After that, remove the lid.
Step 2– Removing the protective caps. You can do this by simply opening the protective caps and pry open the protective caps. The tool you need to perform this step is only a flat head screwdriver.
Step 3– Removing the bolts. Every protective caps are bolts held in place by a nut. Therefore, you need to remove them by simply using your hands to unscrew the nut.
Step 4– You can remove the hinge once the bolts are loose and free.
Step 5-Purchase a new hinge to replace the old one. You need to make sure that they are the correct size and compatible with the lid. Remove it from the packaging and then attach them to the seat. You need to make sure that the screws are tight and secured.
Step 7– You need to remove the protective caps. This is done so that they can be inserted into the base of the toilet.
Step 8– Alignment. You need to align the hinge to the holes on the base of the seat.
Step 9– After the bolt is inserted with the washer into the hole, you need to screw it onto the bolt on the bottom of the toilet. To tighten the bolt, you need a screwdriver while using your hand to hold the nut.
Step 10– The protective caps need to be replaced on each bolt and check if there is no problem when you raise and lower the seat. If it is follow this guide properly, it should work properly.
How To Clean Corroded Toilet Seat Hinges
One of the popular topic asked is about how to clean corroded toilet seat hinges. There are some things that make a bathroom very unappealing. Regardless if you scrub the bowl on a regular basis, the hair,dust and dirt can still be collected around the hinge which causes a layer of grime to be left behind. As the bolts are hidden by a plastic cover, it can trap most of the dirt but it is easy to access and clean it. If you want to know how to clean it. Here is how you do it:
- First of all, you need to close the toilet seat cover. To reveal the screw,you need to pop open the plastic hinge cover. This can be easily be done by sliding a flat head screwdriver between the hinge halves or by using your fingers to open it.
- Form a paste by combining one part vinegar and two parts of baking soda. If you do not want to do that, you can use a soft scouring scrub instead. Use the paste to rub onto the open hinge and around the base.
- You can use a soft-bristled brush to scrub the hinge area with the scouring paste. This is done so that you do not scratch the porcelain. This is because it is very vulnerable to scratches as it is made out of plastic.
- Use clean water to rinse off the scouring paste. Make sure that you wipe the interior dry and close the cover.
- Lastly, wipe away the surrounding toilet rim with scouring paste and rinse it off with clean water and wipe it dry again.
The things that you will need are flat-head screwdriver, baking soda,vinegar,soft scouring liquid and toothbrush.
Tips: Never use stiff brushes to clean. You will damage the porcelain finish if you do so.
Now, you realize how easy it is to clean your toilet seat hinges.http://www.blogtoilet.com/toilet-seat-hinges/http://www.blogtoilet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/toilet-seat-hinges.jpghttp://www.blogtoilet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/toilet-seat-hinges-150x150.jpgtoilet seatHow To Clean Corroded Toilet Seat Hinges,toilet seat hinges,Toilet Seat Hinges Purchasing Guide,Toilet Seats Hinges ReplacementToilet Seat Hinges Purchasing Guide Many people think that purchasing a toilet seat hinges is nothing but an easy job but there are actually more things you need to consider than one would think. There are a few factors you need to consider when it comes to purchasing a new...orebcfhay firstname.lastname@example.orgEditorToilet Blog & Info